Application procedure depends on the type of institutions the students are applying to. In general, one needs to check the application procedures with the educational institution of choice.
VISA Application requirements:
Like the application process, Singapore visa process is also very simple. For Singapore, the institute applies for the visa on behalf of the student. The student has to fill two visa forms:-
Funds to be shown are:-
Bachelor/ Masters – INRs 10 lacs approximately
Diploma – Rs.5 -8 Lacs
Accommodation options in Singapore:
On Campus: College hostel’s
Off Campus: Rent a Flat/ Apartment or Private Hostels
Home stay: with families as per students preference (colleges also organize home stay for students)
Rental varies depending on geographical area, facilities provided and the number of people sharing. The classified advertisements in the local newspapers are a good source of listing of rooms and apartments for rent.
Education Cost in Singapore:
The education costs in Singapore vary according to the duration of the course. On an average the duration is as follows:-
Diplomas- 6 months- 2 years (Cost- S$3500-s$ 18000)
Bachelors- 3-4 years (Cost- S$ 24000- S$50000)
Masters- 1- 2 years (Cost- S$ 18,500- S$ 30000)
Foreign students are not allowed to engage in any form of employment in Singapore, whether during term time or vacation time, unless they are studying at government universities (NUS, NTU, SMU). The students studying at these universities are allowed to work part time- 16 hrs a week.
Possibilities to stay in Singapore after studies:
In general, after course completion the students are allowed to stay in Singapore for 1 month on Social Visit Pass. Employment pass is required to work in Singapore; the employer applies for the same on behalf of the employee.
Course with Internship available (On the Job Training)
Students that do not meet the entry requirement for Countries like USA, Australia, UK for Singapore is gateway to further studies. Because most of them have campuses in Singapore and get full credit for their studies in Singapore.
Why study in Singapore:
- An International Centre of Art and Culture.
- The Singaporean Government is committed to see the growth of international education plans to attract 150,000 students by 2015.
- Premier education hub providing excellent educational opportunities.
- Universities are ranked among top International Universities.
- Internationally recognized degrees.
- Institutions maintain strong industrial links.
- It is a dynamic international centre, a harmonious blend of cultures, cuisines, arts and architecture
- Reflecting this unique environment Sotheby’s Institute of Art – Singapore offers an enriching experience with a truly Asian perspective.
- Singapore is a vibrant, exciting, and a cosmopolitan city amalgamating both worlds of East and West, modern and ancient.
- Studying in Singapore also offers students a high degree of flexibility both of the study mode and the contents of the course chosen.
- Singapore is the world’s third most wired nation and Asia’s most wired.
- There are already more than 50,000 international students in Singapore, of which about over 2,000 are Indian students pursuing education opportunities at various levels.
- Singapore is the hub of business in Asia.
- Almost every MNC has its Asia-Pacific head office in Singapore making it easier for students to find jobs.